Posted Aug 11, 2020Line Worker
Business: Country Prime Meats
Job Title: Line Worker / Operator
Reports To: Packaging Manager
Job Overview: RTE (ready to eat) workers are responsible for preparing and preserving of a wide selection of food items.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
· Regulate machine flow, speed, or temperature.
· Replenish packaging machine supplies, such as forming /non-forming film, ink, or labels.
· Clean, oil, and make minor adjustments or repairs to machinery and equipment, such as opening valves or setting guides.
· Performing machine changeovers to desired package sizes, adjusting hole punches, guillotine knife, pizza knives, and labeller functions.
Secondary Packaging responsibilities
· Remove the finished product from the holding cooler and push trees to the next step of the process for packaging
· Verify that each finished item meets the quality standards of the company by observing the size, shape and texture of each snack item
· Responsible for preparing product for packaging
· Loading of finished product into preformed packages
· Sanitize all materials and machinery parts at the end of each shift and clean the workspace at the worker station by following company cleanliness standards
· Set up, operate and clean manual and electric professional food preparation and processing equipment
· Maintain cleanliness of packaging area by ensuring floors are debris free, garbage is removed and equipment is stored in the proper locations.
· Moving of trees, stick barrels, bins to the cleaning room
· Assists in other departments as required
Job Skills & Qualifications
· Completion of a high school diploma or GED program
· Fluent in English read, write, spoken
· Ability to follow all appropriate safety standards in food production
· Knowledge of basic math comprehension skills
· Usage of basic hand tools
· Experience working in food production or in an industrial kitchen
· Knowledge of quality assurance practices
· Must be physically able to stand for long periods of time
· Capable of lifting 30kg repeatedly
· Physically capable of performing fast paced work in a cold environment
- Disability insurance
- Vision care
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Reference ID: RTE
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00 per hour