Posted Jan 19, 2021Housekeeping Room Attendant
Business: Sandman Hotel Group
Address: Cache Creek BC
Join our team and enjoy the many benefits of working for Canada's fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company, including a competitive employee compensation package, diverse employee schedules, and internal corporate career advancement. If you are looking for a future career in hospitality, then the Sandman Hotel Group is for you.
The Room Attendant will promote a positive image of the property to guests, and must be pleasant, friendly and able to address problems or special requests. The Room Attendants must understand their role as brand ambassador and provide positive brand experiences to all customers.
- No education or experience required, we will train one on one
- Ability to follow instruction
- Good communication skills are an asset
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is an asset
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Professional appearance and manners
- Responds to guests and staff inquiries, requests and complaints in a prompt and courteous manner
- Ensures all lost property items left in guest rooms are recorded on the worksheet and handed in to the Supervisor/Manager at the end of the shift
- Ensures all maintenance and safety hazards are promptly reported to the Supervisor/Manager to minimize hazard risk
- Takes personal responsibility for equipment, ensuring it is operated correctly and secure at all times
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of all chemicals and cleaning products, and the correct handling procedures
- Reports any unusual or suspicious persons/activities happening in the area of security to the manager
- Reports any maintenance issues including burned out light bulbs
- Puts stationary in folder along with pens and places in desk drawer
- Check under bed, drawers, and closet for left behind articles and or trash
- Cleans sink and fixtures
- Restock all terry, soap, glasses, comment cards, coffee and other amenities
- Clean coffee pots when needed, - ensures pots are plugged in
- Arrange furniture following use by guests
- Deliver and retrieve items on loan to guests e.g. iron and ironing boards
- Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
- Excellent customer relations.
- Must have time-management skills.
- Adaptable to change and be able to handle multiple priorities under pressure.
- Eager and focused to exceed guest expectations.
Extended Medical, Dental, Health Care (STANDARD HOTEL PACKAGE)*
- For Full Time Employment Only
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants areencouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.
**Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**