Posted Jul 29, 2021Human Resources Coordinator
Business: IKO Industries Ltd.
Address: Ashcroft, BC
IKO Industries Ltd. is a market leader in the manufacturing of roofing and building materials. IKO is a Canadian owned and operated business with production facilities worldwide and has many years of unparalleled success in the roofing materials industry. Quality, integrity, and trustworthiness are the values that underlie this success, and we have built this company by hiring people who hold these values. People like you!
· Partner in the effective execution of the plant strategies to meet business goals, and provide feedback and support on all employee related issues at the site.
· May develop and propose improvement to policies, programs, and procedures to improve the effectiveness of human resources and safety.
· Resolving minor employee issues and conflict resolution.
· Administers the benefits program for employees in the plant.
· Responsible for claims management including WSIB, Short Term Disability and the Return to Work program.
· Advise employees and management personnel on the interpretation of Company policies, programs and procedures.
· Carries out administrative work related to human resource functions and maintains related records.
· Accountable for full-cycle recruiting and on-boarding or hourly employees.
· Oversee Kronos timekeeping and payroll administration.
· Coordinates all site recognition and social events.
· Assist the Plant H&S Department with administrative duties.
· Other duties as may be assigned.
· The ability to organize the workload and manage multiple tasks effectively.
· Demonstrated leadership and management capabilities in an environment of rapid change.
· Use of Microsoft Office products at an advanced level.
· Professional designation in Human Resources.
· Minimum of 5 years in a generalist role within a manufacturing environment.
· Sound knowledge of employment, industrial labor relations, and occupational safety legislation.
A suitable combination of relevant education and experience may also be considered
Benefits of Employment: IKO recognizes that its success is due to the strength of its employees. A primary goal of IKO is to promote individual employee's sense of accomplishment and contribution so that employees enjoy their association with IKO. The Company invests in its employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry, and undertakes great efforts to nurture loyalty to, and teamwork at, IKO. We are pleased to offer competitive compensation, health care, a progressive and challenging workplace and a commitment to teamwork and integrity.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment: IKO Industries Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. IKO Industries Ltd. encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.