Posted Mar 8, 2023LANDS COORDINATOR/FIELD TECHNICIAN
Business: Bridge River Indian Band
Address: Lillooet, BC
The Lands Coordinator is responsible for managing Environmental monitoring and working with Xwisten land referrals. You will be writing proposals and responsible for writing reports, communications for Lands Department. The Lands Coordinator is part of a team that works closely with the Lands Manager, Lands Superintendent and Lands Office Manager to organize and administer Resource Stewardship.
MAIN DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Writing proposals, reports and briefing notes
2) File management, electronic and hard copy, maintain AOS referrals system
3) Reviewing referrals, information sharing, confidentiality agreements and provide recommendations and follow-up with Lands Manager and Lands Superintendent, respond based on guidelines created by the Lands and Resource Department and the (Draft) St’at’imc Land Use Plan within the identified timeline.
4) Research and gather information as related to referrals and requests for information.
5) Assist with environmental monitoring field work as required, conduct site visits and meet with proponents
6) Collaborate with other Xwisten departments, as necessary.
7) Work with Lands Staff, Council and Elders to accompany officers on the proposed site visits to identify any issues or concerns present for the proposed development. Arrange Elder transportation.
8) Participate in training as directed.
9) Involved with implanting Lands Department Safety
10) Other duties as requested by the Lands Manager and Chief and Council.
- Grade 12 graduation, preferably with some post-secondary experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS office suite, comfortable using a Windows computer, strong data entry skills and time management and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of St’at’imc values and culture.
- Environmental Skills Certificate
- RISC Archaeological and CMT Inventory Certificate
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Must have valid Class 5 drivers license and abstract
- Good physical condition to do field work.
- Office work, participating in various meetings
- Willingness to travel outside of regular hours for field work and meetings
Pay scale: $18:00-$24.00 per hour depending on experience
Closing Deadline: Open Until Filled
Only those short listed will be contacted.
Please contact Gary Forsyth, Administrator for full Lands Coordinator Job Description
Gary Forsyth, Administrator.
#1A Joseph Road, PO Box 190
Lillooet, BC V0K 1V0