Posted Nov 14, 2023GOLD TRAIL SD#74 EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
TagsAdministrative Education Ongoing Positions
School District No. 74 (Gold Trail) is seeking an outstanding educational leader for the position of Vice-Principal at Desert Sands Community School. Desert Sands Community School enrols approximately 290 students in Kindergarten through Grade 12, of which 48% are of Indigenous ancestry. Desert Sands Community School is located in the Village of Ashcroft which lies on the unceded and traditional territory of the Secwépemc and Nlaka’pamux First Peoples. The school’s Action Plan for Learning guides the work of the school.
The candidate we seek will have a professional profile that includes:
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience in instructional leadership and supervision of learning.
- Knowledge and understanding of evidence based teaching and learning strategies in school improvement, student achievement and staff development.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion, truth and reconciliation.
- A strong working knowledge of assessment for, of and as learning.
- Knowledge and understanding of the First Peoples Principles of Learning and commitment to improving school success for Indigenous students.
- Successful experience working with Indigenous communities.
- Demonstrated ability to work respectfully as a leader to develop team with all members of diverse school and local community with a focus on developing and promoting student success.
- BC Professional Teaching Certificate.
- Masters Degree, or working toward completion of.
Desert Sands Community School enrolls approximately 290 students in Kindergarten through Grade 12, of which 48% are of Indigenous ancestry. Desert Sands Community School is located in the Village of Ashcroft which lies on the unceded and traditional territory of the Secwépemc and Nlaka’pamux First Peoples. The school’s Action Plan for Learning guides the work of the school. The candidate we seek will have a professional profile that includes: The compensation for a Vice-Principal is defined by a regional salary grid and placement on the grid is defined by criteria including education and years of experience. The grid for this position is:
Step C $141,086
Gold Trail School District offers a competitive benefits and pension package.
APPLICATIONS: In writing, with details of previous related experience, qualifications and abilities. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
SHARI FEATHERSTONE Director of Human Resources School District No. 74 (Gold Trail) PO Box 250, Ashcroft, BC V0K 1A0 Email: email@example.com
Please visit: https://www.sd74.bc.ca/Employment/Pages/default.aspx#/= for more information.
School District No. 74 is an employer in each of the local communities it serves, and employs more than 340 people in a wide variety of jobs.
Gold Trail school district offers many advantages to individuals working in our communities including small schools with small class sizes, small communities, a positive employment environment, family-oriented schools that encourage and support parent involvement, Indigenous education programs, and much more.
These positions offer flexible working hours, are an excellent introduction to School District No. 74 schools, and are available in all School District No. 74 communities. For more information about TTOC and Support Staff relief positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.