Posted Apr 23, 2021Materials Handling Coordinator
Business: IKO Industries Ltd.
Address: Barnes Lake Rd, Ashcroft, BC V0K 1A0
IKO Industries Ltd. is a market leader in the manufacturing of roofing and building materials. IKO is a Canadian owned and operated business with production facilities worldwide and has many years of unparalleled success in the roofing materials industry. Quality, integrity, and trustworthiness are the values that underlie this success, and we have built this company by hiring people who hold these values. People like you!
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations;
• Responsible for materials inventory management including ordering and receiving spare parts, components and materials using computerized maintenance management system (CMMS);
• Receiving and sorting incoming spare parts, components and supplies in the appropriate locations. Ensures parts information is cataloged in the system and bins are properly labeled;
• Issue and distribute parts to persons for internal usage;
• Prepare requisition orders to replenish parts as required;
• Enter receipt of items into the internal purchase order system (JD Edwards);
• Maintain and enforce quality standards and good housekeeping protocols within the warehouse;
• Develops policies, procedures, and systems to ensure timely flow of materials and for tracking the physical inventory;
• Organizes raw materials and finished goods within the plant for effective flow and usage;
• Arranges for in-plant transfer of materials to meet production schedules;
• Investigates and solves problems resulting from material shortages;
• Keep detailed records on procurement activity and materials quantity;
• Control inventory levels and ensure availability of material during emergencies;
• Execute inventory control programs across all material types to ensure accurate inventory;
• Implement Lean Manufacturing methodologies into inventory control;
• Other duties as assigned.
Benefits of Employment: IKO recognizes that its success is due to the strength of its employees. A primary goal of IKO is to promote individual employee's sense of accomplishment and contribution so that employees enjoy their association with IKO. The Company invests in its employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry, and undertakes great efforts to nurture loyalty to, and teamwork at, IKO. We are pleased to offer competitive compensation, health care, a progressive and challenging workplace and a commitment to teamwork and integrity.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment: IKO Industries Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. IKO Industries Ltd. encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.